|Offered by||Higher Education Commission HEC|
|Last Date to Apply||24-October-2022|
Introduction about these scholarships:
Undergraduate scholarships for Gilgit Baltistan students to attend top Pakistani universities and institutions have been announced by the Higher Education Commission. Scholarship applications are accepted from students planning to enroll in undergraduate studies (four- or five-year BS programs) at public sector universities or degree-granting institutes (DAIs) approved by the HEC. In accordance with the project titled “Undergraduate Scholarship Program for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Pakistani Universities/Institutions (Batch-lI),” scholarships are being made available for the academic year 2022–2023 in various fields of study and disciplines.
Applications must be received by October 24, 2022, at the latest. Those who qualify may apply through the HEC portal. Hardcopy applications won’t be accepted. Candidates must submit their applications through https://eportal.hec.gov.pk It is necessary to deposit the application processing fee into the HEC account. The following are covered by the scholarship
- Maximum annual fees for tuition, hostel fees, and other costs are Rs. 240,000.
- a monthly payout of Rs. 15,000
- A yearly book and travel allowance of Rs. 30,000
Eligibility conditions & terms for these Scholarships:
- A domicile or local certificate for Gilgit-Baltistan is required of applicants.
- The Secondary School Certificate (SSC), Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC), or equivalent, must have been earned by applicants.
- Priority will be given to students from Gilgit-Baltistan who have successfully finished or passed their SSC, HSSC, or equivalent.
- Applicants who have already received a scholarship from another source are ineligible to apply.
- Any university or institution in Pakistan’s public sector will accept applications from applicants.
- Any additional costs above those listed in PC-1, however, are the responsibility of the student.
- As of the deadline for application submission, the age limit is 22. To be admitted to BS programs, candidates must meet HEC and university requirements.
- Shortlisted candidates will be chosen based on their academic achievements and their performance on the aptitude test, which will be administered by the Education Testing Council, HEC.
- Candidates must receive a minimum of 50% on the exam. Students who were previously enrolled in any BS program at public universities or institutes (for no more than one academic year or session) prior to the advertisement are also eligible to apply. Scholarships will be given out regardless of a person’s gender, caste, color, or religion.
Applying process for these Scholarships:
- Application submission must be done online at https://eportal.hec.gov.pk.
- HEC maintains the right to pause or end the scholarship application process at any time without providing a justification.
- Applications sent in hard copy will not be accepted.
- The application cost is Rs. 500 (non-refundable), and applicants must deposit it in Account No. 17427900133401 at Habib Bank Limited’s SRC H-9 Branch in Islamabad as well as attach a scanned copy or image of the bank receipt while applying online.
- Deadline Application submission deadline: October 25, 2022
- In order to receive assistance in case of any trouble, applicants are urged to apply well in advance of the closing date and are recommended to routinely check their emails and the HEC website for any updates.
Scholarships Advertisement Paper: